Raccoon Blog

A record of the increasingly noteworthy escapades of a giant raccoon in Los Angeles, CA in the year of our Lord 2006.

Friday, September 08, 2006

I returned home when I felt it was safe.

The picture Tim posted earlier this week should give you some indication as to why I left - the rest I'll leave to your imagination and to the recurring nightmares I will, undoubtedly, have.

When I got back to my apartment I found a letter from my Grandpa, Coke Huber, in our mailbox. It was about Raccoon Blog. Here are its contents:

August 31, 2006

Dear Mike,

Thanks for keeping your grandpa up to date on the events in Los Angeles. How's that pretty girl of yours? I hope you are keeping her safe from the raccoon. Your Dad sold me one of his old computers so I could read your stories on the internet. I will tell you that raccoons can be nasty creatures. I've shot and killed many raccoons. Do you have a gun? My friend Johnny Gonis, he had a house in Avon Lake, a beautiful house that he built mostly by himself but also with some Italians, who were really good at laying cement. Johnny, well, he's dead now but a raccoon tried to drown his dog in Lake Erie. Raccoons can drown dogs, you know, just like a man might try to drown a woman. Anyways, Johnny would've tried to shoot the raccoon but he was half in the bag and he ended up shooting a hole in his car. The weather is good here, still sunny and warm at the end of August. I hear there's a pond outside your apartment complex.

Go Browns,
Your Granpda

He's right. There is a pond outside our apartment. I'm walking out the door right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home